De Montfort Hall is owned and operated by Leicester City Council, and is committed to protecting your personal data, as well as being transparent about the information we hold about you. When we use your personal data, De Montfort Hall is what we call the data controller.
As the data controller, we must:
- only keep your data that we need to provide services and do what the law says we must
- keep your records safe and accurate
- only keep your data as long as we have to
- collect, store and use your data in a way that does not break any data protection laws.
Things you can do to help us:
- tell us when any of your details change; and
- tell us if any of the information we hold on you is incorrect.
Personal data is information about a living person that means we can work out who they are. This can include written letters, emails, photographs, audio recordings and video recordings.
The following are examples of personal data which may be collected, stored and used:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Marital status
- Accessibility requirements (Special Category Data)
- Bank or payment card details – needed to process payments for performances and activities
- Technical details – includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the De Montfort Hall website
- Preference details – includes your chosen preferences in receiving communications from us
Additionally, we may collect personal data through:
- Video and photography – on occasions performances may be recorded, either through photography or video footage.
- CCTV footage – De Montfort Hall has CCTV cameras throughout its building for security purposes. Access to footage generated by these cameras is limited to specific members of staff.
We collect your personal data in a number of ways, for example:
- By purchasing or ordering tickets at our box office
- By signing up to our mailing lists
- By visiting and using our website
- By making contact with us electronically, in person or over the telephone
- By usage data, including information about how you use the De Montfort Hall website. For example, location data (including IP address), the resources you access and other sites you have visited.
- For most of our customers, this data is obtained when you create your account, and includes your email address, password and all information that you provide when creating your customer account via the De Montfort Hall websitesss.
Personal data will only be processed when the law permits this to happen and in the following circumstances:
- Where you have given consent
- Where De Montfort Hall needs to comply with a legal obligation
- Where it is necessary for De Montfort Hall’s legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- To protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another person (for example, in the case of a medical emergency)
- In order to perform a task carried out in the public interest.
- For some of our services, we need to use your personal data so we can get in touch, or provide the service. We can use your personal data under many different laws. The Government put together a list of all of these in 2011 which can be found on the following website, Statutory duties of local authorities available on the DATA.GOV.UK website.
De Montfort Hall will only use personal data for the purposes for which it was collected unless it is considered reasonably that it is needed for another purpose and the reason is compatible with the original purpose. If De Montfort Hall needs to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, it will notify you and will explain the legal basis that permits it to do so.
De Montfort Hall may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with this policy and procedure, where this is permitted by law.
Under the GDPR and DPA 2018 you have the right to:
- Be informed of how we collect and use your personal data
- Access your personal data
- Require us to correct any mistakes in the data we hold on you
- Require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- Restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Receive your personal data, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object in certain situations to our continued processing of your personal data or at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
De Montfort Hall keeps your personal data secure at all times. Where appropriate, we also take measures such as anonymisation and/or encryption. Where De Montfort Hall engages a third party to process personal data it will do so on the basis of a written contract which conforms to the security requirement of the GDPR and DPA 2018.
As part of your ticket purchase we seek your consent to send you communications to keep you up to date with information about our events, services, activities, news and opportunities which you may be interested to hear about, or for purposes of audience research. Within your account, you are given the opportunity to amend your details or unsubscribe, or you can ask this to be done for you by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where payment is made by direct debit/credit card, your information may be collected by third party service providers such as credit/debit card companies or agents acting on their behalf to authenticate payment.
As part of managing our relationship with you for the performance of a contract, we may need to communicate with you to notify you of any changes to the details of that contract – including changes to the show/event for which tickets were purchased or our terms or privacy notice.
De Montfort Hall will share some customer data with The Audience Agency as part of their project to analyse customer trends. This will include title, first name, last name and address and will not include any sensitive data.
Information linked to these customer records of tickets purchases and the related performances or events is also collected, stored or processed. The data will not be used for marketing purposes, to contact customers or to sell them anything, and is strictly for research purposes only.
De Montfort Hall’s website will include links to third-party websites. Clicking on these links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. These sites are not controlled by De Montfort Hall, and we are not responsible for their privacy notice or their terms of usage.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice is v1 and was last updated on 2 June 2020.
To contact us about your use of personal data, write to us at:
Sales and Ticketing Manager
De Montfort Hall
Leicester LE1 7RU